Confluence Lead Workshop, Get the LEAD Out
Unsafe levels of lead have turned up in tap water in city after city in the US. What is the situation in our Ohio River Valley region?
Please join Confluence and the Regional Utility Network on June 8 as we take an in-depth look at lead contamination challenges in our area with top-level representatives from our regional utilities, US EPA Office of Ground Water and Drinking Water, US EPA Division of Water Supply and Water Resources, Ohio EPA and legislators.
What: Confluence Lead Workshop
When: June 8, 1PM-5PM
Where: Frost Brown Todd, 301 E 4th St., 33rd Floor - Founders Conference Center, Cincinnati, OH 45202
Followed by: Confluence Connects, 5PM-7PM, in the Bench & Bar, Frost Brown Todd, 301 E 4th St., 33rd Floor, Cincinnati, OH 45202
Confluence created the Regional Utility Network in 2015 after hearing from our utilities about new and unrelenting challenges that they face from new and more intense water quality issues to aging infrastructure to shrinking budgets/workforce.
At our RUN planning meeting in March the greatest challenge that came from each utility involved the issue of lead and the risks posed by lead service lines.
Confluence and RUN will bring experts and regional stakeholders together around this very important issue for a Lead Workshop on June 8, 2017, immediately followed by a Confluence Connects event.
The event is open to vendors, utilities, researchers, developers, entrepreneurs, investors, universities, government officials and all Confluence stakeholders.
The workshop attendees will received 3.25 CEUs approved by the Ohio EPA.
1:00PM - Welcome
· Reese Johnson, Confluence Board President, Vice President, CH2M
1:05PM - Overview of the Lead Situation and Status from Regiona Utilities
· Verna Arnette, Deputy Director, Greater Cincinnati Water Works
· Keshia Kinney, Acting Water Supply and Treatment Manager
· Brandon Turner, Acting
· Amy Kramer, Vice President of Engineering, Production & Distribution, Northern Kentucky Water District
· Tim Neyer, Supervisor of Operations, Clermont County Water Resources Department
2:00PM - Lead Regulations Update
· Eric Burneson, Director of Standards and Risk Management Division, US EPA's Office of Ground Water and Drinking Water
· Jeff Davidson, Environmental Manager, Division of Drinking and Ground Waters, Ohio EPA/Southwest District Office
2:45 - Break
3:00PM - Moving Forward from Flint
· Jeff Swertfeger, Water Quality Superintendent, Greater Cincinnati Water Works.
3:30PM - Lead Service Line Identification Project
· Thomas Speth, Division Director, Water Systems Division, US EPA
4:00PM - BREAK
4:15PM - Legislation Update
· US Senator Rob Portman representatives
· US Senator Sherrod Brown representatives
4:45PM - Final Discussion
5:00PM - Adjourn
Don't miss this high-level discussion of the lead issues that we face and learn how you can engage as our region leads the way in finding solutions to this national challenge.